About Tour Skye
At Tour Skye we offer day trips and bespoke private tours of Scotland.
We are based in the Isle of Skye and also have offices in Edinburgh, the stunning capital of Scotland and offer complete travel packages from all of Scotland’s major airports, ports and train stations. Using a fleet of small-group vehicles, ensuring that your experience is friendly, flexible and fun.
With Tour Skye you’ll see all the iconic landmarks, as well as the hidden gems and experience the real Scotland and the beauty of its scenery. Our team of expert tour guides and professional Green Badge guides are hand-picked for their historical knowledge and passion for our world famous Scottish scenery. They’ll appeal to kids and grown-ups alike and will try their best to make you feel comfortable and entertained.
We have several tours starting from Inverness, the Isle of Skye, Edinburgh and Glasgow, as well as a wide range of tour itineraries and durations, so there is something for everyone – just have a look at our itineraries for some inspiration! On our tours you’ll see amazing sights and you’ll also be able to experience the places you visit, take photos, buy souvenirs and enjoy the local food.
Choose one of our tours:
From the Isle of Skye
- Best of Skye: our day tour of Skye visiting all the important locations such as the Fairy Pools, Talisker distillery, Neist Point, Dunvegan Castle, Old Man of Storr, the Quiraing, Kilt Rock and the Fairy Glen near Uig.
- 3-day tour to Isle of Skye & Fairy Pools: Experience the best of the Highlands of Scotland and the Isle of Skye in this 3 day tour departing from Edinburgh. Take in all the magnificent sights that make this country so special in people’s heart: breathtaking sceneries, mystical Lochs, Britain’s highest mountains, and extinct volcanoes that shaped the landscape in spectacular ways.
- Stirling Castle and Trossachs National Park: Spend a day discovering the land and history of Scottish heroes William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Rob Roy, and experience the stunning scenery of the Trossachs National Park. Begin with the visit of the magnificent Stirling Castle and catch a glimpse of the legendary Stirling Bridge and Wallace Monument from the Castle esplanade. Continue with the exploration of the Trossachs National Park with spectacular views of lochs, mountains and forests.
- Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands: Experience the beauty of the Highlands of Scotland in a day with interesting historical stories of Clans and Kings, the lavish scenery of Glencoe and the highest mountain of Britain, the Ben Nevis, and try to spot the Loch Ness Monster in the most famous loch of Scotland. This tour is perfect to get a sample of the extraordinary wilderness of the Scottish Highlands, and see ‘Scotland in 1 Day’. This tour is operated exclusively on a private basis for a minimum of 4 participants.
- Glasgow, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park: Enjoy a full day tour and experience Glasgow, the largest city of Scotland, as well as the luxurious nature of Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park, and the magnificent Kelpies at the Helix Park in Falkirk.
- Dunfermline, St Andrews and Dundee: Travel to the undiscovered regions of Fife and Dundee & Angus to uncover fascinating facts about Dunfermline, once the capital of Scotland, St Andrews, the home of Golf, and the modern city of Dundee, with its newly opened V&A Museum and the RRS Discovery that undertook one of the most heroic voyages of exploration ever.
- Inverness to Skye: our one and two day tours picking up from Inverness the capital of the Highlands. Then heading to the West Coast and on to the Isle of Skye.
- Train to Skye: Ride the train from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh, one of the most beautiful scenic routes in Scotland, arriving join our day tour of Skye and we can have you back for the 17:13 train back to Inverness.
From the Shores of Greenock, Edinburgh, Invergordon and Portree:
- Shore excursion from Greenock – Glasgow, Distillery and Loch Lomond: Journey deep into Glasgow, the largest city of Scotland on our day tour, then enjoy a dram of whisky in a beautiful Distillery and soak yourself in the beauty of Loch Lomond.
- Shore excursion from Edinburgh Newhaven, South Queensferry, Rosyth and Leith Ports – Enjoy your time in port with a shore excursion around Edinburgh and the Lothians. Visit to 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel, and stop at Stewart Brewing to sample a yummy pint (or two!). Voyage through Edinburgh’s Old Town, filled with cobbled Wynds and Closes, and learn about the city’s history while touring the Royal Mile and exploring the Georgian New Town.
- Shore excursion from Invergordon – Loch Ness and Inverness: Explore the mysterious Loch Ness and will have plenty of time to explore the picturesque capital of the Highlands of Scotland Inverness.
- Shore excursion from Portree – The Isle of Skye: Travel North towards the Old Man of Storr travelling parallel to Loch Fada with fascinating views of the Trotternish peninsula.
Private and Bespoke Tours
Let our team of experts put together a bespoke tour to meet your specific needs, whatever the size of your party, your budget or your timescale.