Tour Guide / Drivers
Firstly, something about us:
We are a small bunch with big ambitions. We deliver tours around Scotland and Shore excursions from the main Scottish Ports. We started up in 2014 and grew steadily throughout the years.
To the buzz now - we are looking to recruit a nice gang for the High Season 2019. In this job you will lead and guide group tours throughout Scotland and consistently deliver a memorable and enriching experience that will last our customers a lifetime. Our schedule features: daily regular tours from Inverness and Portree; regular tours & multi-day tours from Edinburgh; day and multi-day private tours of Scotland; occasional Shore Excursions from Edinburgh, Greenock, Invergordon and Portree.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Love Scotland to bits;
- Know everything about Scotland (just joking…) and are keen to learn as much as possible of Scotland’s history, culture and heritage. We would of course provide trainings and materials to learn and to make this journey as easy as possible for you;
- Are based in Inverness and hold a Driving Licence D to drive 30ish-seat coaches, a Digital tachograph card, and a valid CPC Card;
- Are based in Edinburgh (and the Lothians) and hold a Driving Licence D1 (no 101 restriction next to D1), a Digital tachograph card, and a valid CPC Card;
- Are based on the Isle of Skye and hold a Driving Licence D1 (no 101 restriction next to D1), a Digital tachograph card, and a valid CPC Card;
- Suit a kilt like Sam Heughan in Outlander - just joking…;
- Cannot stand the 9 to 5 behind the desk kind of job. This job requires a high degree of flexibility. You will never be asked to over-do, but for example you will be asked to spend the night out somewhere in Scotland every once in a while. This won’t happen frequently to the Inverness drivers. On the other hand, one of the drivers based in Edinburgh will be required to spend 2 nights out a week for the whole summer (accommodation and dinner provided, obviously);
- Know any foreign languages or Scottish Gaelic - this isn’t compulsory, but definitely appreciated;
- Can swallow the bitter pill of completing daily vehicle safety checks and legal documentation. It’s not fun but it needs done. If you don’t know what this translates into, don’t worry, we’ll train you when you start working with us.
- Have the right attitude: we work for Travellers. These peeps are here to enjoy their time. You need to be able to respond appropriately at all times, keep your manners, and relax. You will be required to use your own initiative in case of road disruptions, delays of all sorts, unplanned and unforeseen issues. We’ll be here to give you a hand, but ultimately you’ll be on the spot. We’ll rely on your problem-solving skills if the occasion arises.
Are you all that? Then, please know that we can’t wait to hear from you. Send us your CV and a wee Cover Letter explaining in a nutshell why you think to be a suitable candidate for this job.
What to expect from this job:
- A wage (not bad, eh?). Our Driver-Guides earn £10-12 per hour (depending on Driving Licence qualification);
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week;
- You’ll be automatically enrolled in our Pension Scheme;
- Plenty of tips from your happy passengers;
- You’ll be issued a Rota hopefully a couple of weeks in advance to allow a healthy work-life balance. We do expect you to be flexible though…